HAMILTON // NEW ZEALAND
4000m2 Large multi-use community building, for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, incorporating a chapel, cultural hall, teaching blocks and administration. The architecture is sympathetic to the neighbouring temple and the existing temple view precinct with its 1950’s American style. The attention to materials and detail is reflective of the importance of this building’s juxtaposition and relationship to the temple. The strong axis through the building, including its interior courtyard, is extended out into the extensively landscaped grounds. Preliminary design and resource consent stage.